Thursday, September 20, 2007

tagged. d'oh!

Got tagged for this survey, or "meme" if you will, by Rob and David. I was not hiding well enough behind the couch.

Oh, this shit is hard!

“Make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It’s not really bragging, it’s an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you’d like to see share their strengths.”

  1. I'm good at rewriting.
  2. I can write emotionally grounded black comedy
  3. I write good roles for women
  4. I can write a page-turning script with a well-wrought what-happens-next motor and a rock 'em sock 'em end of act cliff-hanger *
  5. I'm a good collaborator
I'm tagging Brian because I know he won't do it.

* I was once criticized in a review for ending my first act on a cliff-hanger. That criticism made my head spin. You mean I shouldn't want the audience to come back looking forward to what happens in Act 2? Really? Go fuck yourself ya pretentious prick.

Hold the phone!!!! I'm inventing a brand new "meme" as payback.

List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider to be "totally lame," but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it. Tag 5 others:
  1. My encyclopedia knowledge of the sitcom Full House and Trampoline accidents on America's Funniest Home Videos and anything with which Bob Saget is associated
  2. My ability to bargain-hunt cheap bear based on Alcohol-by-Volume content. (Icehouse @ 5.5% ABV - the winner, most of the time)
  3. In the heyday of America Online (1996-1998), I used to host a Walt Disney World chat room for "Destination Florida." Don't even try to test me on WDW trivia. You will be owned.
  4. I make awesome Ramen noodles. It's a finer culinary science than you can imagine.
  5. I own juggling clubs, and I know how to use them.
I'm tagging Rob, David, Tif, Dina, Ryan. And Paul. And Tracy. That's 7 people. Oh well. Spread the love.