Saturday, January 26, 2008

still alive (see also: still sick)

It's a special night when I close down River North. Even Mother Hubbard's debaucherous den of sin had gone sleepy-eyed to the good morrow as the Acting Studio coughed me on to Hubbard St at 4:15 this morning. And the snow -- O The Snow! -- had fallen. I wrote from 9pm to 3:45am in a windowless, fluorescent-lit room, fueled by 1 diet coke, 1 coffee, 1 chocolate Rice Crispie Treat, 1 bottle of water, 1 snack-sized bag of Cheetos, and a dose of Walgreen's generic non-drowsy multi-symptom cold relief which provided no relief at all. My nose is chapped red from generic facial tissue and my eyeballs feel like they've been Botoxed with the tines of a spork. I was home by 4:45am. Nomar pooped on the kitchen floor in protest of being cat-sat by a giant bowl of food for the past 22 hours. My 24 hour play is about righteousness and the game of chess. It's called Deep Red. Actors are memorizing it as I type this. Folks at Infamous Commonwealth Theatre are blogging the day's sleep-deprived progress here: http://infamouscommonwealth.blogspot.com/. I was invited to come back and see how rehearsal is going, but State & Hubbard is so very far away and I need a nap.