Tuesday, March 04, 2008

movie quote quiz

Adam tagged me. Dammit Adam! Don't you know I'm busy?

(tumbleweed rolls across the floor. crickets chirp)


Fine! I'll do it. But only 'cause I like you.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb. Take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, cross it off the list. I trust you will not cheat (google). I am not trying to trick you. Gosh, this is difficult. I'm sure I'll think of 15 movies from which I would have rather quoted just as soon as I hit "publish post".

Dang you guys are good GREEN = well guessed [see comments]

1) Say Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?

2) Welcome to downtown Coolsville! Population: us.

3) Yes, I did it, I killed Yvette. I hated her, so much... That... it... it... flam - flames. FLAMES, on the side of my face, heaving... breath - , heaving breaths. Heaving breath...

4) Walter, you're wonderful, in a loathsome sort of way.

5) AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

6) You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

7) The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

8) It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

9) I've had, like, ten times as much sex as the rest of these girls, and I still look like this. I mean, they spend, like, an hour in the back seat of some car and all of a sudden they're in Technicolor?

10)
-You know, I seen you a lot of times before. Remember parochial school out on Paluski Street? Seven, eight years ago. Your hair, you had your hair uh...
-Braids.
-Looked like a hunk of rope. And you had wires on your teeth and glasses and everything. You was really a mess.

11) As Harold took a bite of Bavarian sugar cookie, he finally felt as if everything was going to be ok. Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies.

12) Drink up, young man. It'll make the whole seduction part less repugnant.

13) In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!

14) Where would I be if I was a screwdriver?

15) Dear Diary, my teen-angst bullshit now has a body count.


I tag Scott, Paul, Ryan, Lacy, David, Tif. Dooo it.