Monday, May 05, 2008

top 10 iTunes

I'm lazy about updating my iTunes library. A lot of the music on my iPod is from CDs I checked out from the Wilmette Public Library when I was house-sitting for my parents in February 2007. I'm not sure the top 10 most played songs is representative of my musical taste, but there is no denying that these are the songs I happen to skip to if I'm waiting for the train.

  1. Lake Shore Drive - Aliotta Haynes Jermiah. I wish I had experienced Chicago in the 1970s, if only to understand why my parents think I'll be shot anytime I tell them I'm meeting friends in Wicker Park.
  2. She Took a Lot of Pills (And Died) - Robbie Fulks. One of these days I'll come up with a title as great as the title of this song.
  3. Van Helsing Boom Box - Man Man. I'll flip to this song when the clouds turn grey and I fear I will be struck by lightning because I'm listening to my lightning rod iPod.
  4. Without Love - Hairspray (2007 Movie Soundtrack) I LOVE THIS SONG AND MOVIE AND ZAC EFRON AND ALSO THE 1989 MOVIE AND BROADWAY MUSICAL SO SHUT UP!!!1!!1!!!.
  5. King Twist - Hazel. This song opened the Steppenwolf production of The Butcher of Baraboo.
  6. Lollipop - MIKA. Was on Charlie's iPod boombox during the marathon weekend painting and building the Killing Women set last summer and I couldn't shake it cuz it's all hippity pop bippity bop.
  7. Now and Then There's (A Fool Such As I) - Elvis Presley. Elvis doing Hank Snow's country tune, and there's a fool such as I for this country ditty.
  8. Opus 17 (Don't You Worry 'Bout Me) -Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons - my favorite Four Seasons song can beat up your favorite Four Seasons song.
  9. I Gotta Get Drunk - The Little Willies. Norah Jones leads a second song about substance abuse in my top 10!
  10. Sure Shot - Beastie Boys. If I'm doing something totally mundane while listening to this song, like pulling a bottled Frapuccino out of the 7-11 fridge, it makes me feel a little more bad-ass.