Tuesday, July 22, 2008

photo 12: starbucks

Whenever I have needed an overpriced coffee drink or a place to rest my bones in a really uncomfortable chair, Starbucks has been there. The venerable coffee emporium has fallen on hard times. They've stooped to offering $2 iced grande beverages after 2pm if you purchase a beverage earlier in the day: give them your stamped "Treat Receipt" and you get an iced latte for a song. Why, when I worked for Starbucks in the halcyon days of 2001, you know what 2 bucks would get you? A slap across your freaking face for thinking you could buy a Starbucks beverage for 2 bucks. Today, there was a grande delay on my grande toffee nut mocha and they gave me grande apologies and a certificate for a free beverage. I didn't even complain. I was like - "whatever." Yet, BAM! Free drink! Yes! I high-fived myself because nobody was nearby. Later, they came around with samples of their new soy orange mango green tea smoothie. It tastes like cough syrup and looks like the stuff Linda Blair pukes in The Exorcist.