Tuesday, July 29, 2008

photo 19: four parking tickets and a boot

At what point does one say: "Screw it. I'm abandoning my car."

(note: this is not my car)

Photo taken on the way to the judging event for Pegasus Players Young Playwrights Festival. Pegasus hosts a reading of excerpts from the 10 finalists for the Fest, and also gives public recognition to the 10 honorable mentions. Considering the competition drew 750 submissions this year, it's good to know you made it to the top 20 of the pile. It's a nice way to celebrate the work of the quality submissions. While I won't say too much about the closed door process of judging in Pegasus Players Young Playwrights Festival, I will say much discussion, thought, and deliberation takes place around the table. Not that I would expect anything less... I just didn't think much about it at all until participating in the conversation tonight. There was also pizza and beer.