Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Wegrzyn...needs medication for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder"

I know I said I wasn't going to make a habit of posting bad reviews, but I seem to enjoy posting dickhead bad reviews; if you read the last section of the review in the right light, it sounds like he'd rather see a play written by chimpanzees than by women. Those who have been following the hot topic female playwrights discussion on the interwebs will get a kick out of it: http://www.broadstreetreview.com/article.php?idc=3&ida=1135

For the record: I do not need to be medicated for A.D.D. There are plenty other mental illnesses that may have been more accurate, like, I don't know, maybe I'm a weepy drunk prone to violent outbursts, or I'm OCD about making sure the stove is turned off even if I haven't cooked in a week; also, the pilot light makes me nervous as hell.

Here's a better review in the big paper: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine/33347679.html. Never did make it to Philly, but sounds like they did a good job with the play.