Wednesday, December 24, 2008

xmas eve

I thought I had a conversation with my sister about how we should watch Gremlins this year because it's a great Christmas movie; anytime I hear "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I think of the scene where the mom kills multiple gremlins in the kitchen, including microwaving one until it explodes. My sister does not remember having a conversation about watching Gremlins. Either her memory is bad, or I had that conversation with myself, out loud or in my head, not sure.

I'm off to the suburbs, after I dig my yellow car out. I'm armed with a shovel and a bag of cat litter for traction, and if I have to pee bad I'm all set. A minute after I took this picture, that black car in front of mine attempted to escape and spun its wheels, rocking back and forth for 5 minutes, until a man emerged from the apartment building and gave them a push. I hope that was not a glimpse into my future.