Tuesday, March 03, 2009

what do you want to be when you grow up? dead? that can be arranged if you blow dry your hair in the tub

I stare at this tag while I brush my teeth.

It's attached to the hairdryer I bought from the money I won in a poker game a few years ago. The morning of that game, my old hairdryer sucked some of my hair through the back vent. That painfully stupid thing was followed by a few sparks and a horrible burning hair smell, the end. That night I won second place at a kitchen table Texas Hold 'Em tourney at The Brad's. Pair of pocket Queens put 60 bucks in my pocket, and I bought a new hairdryer at Walgreen's on the walk home.

A few things about this tag:

"UNPLUG IT" makes it a candidate for The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.

I "unplug it" after every use.

Which means I don't unplug it ever.

The hairdryer in the illustration is Princess Vespa's hairdryer in the movie Spaceballs.

I would like to warn children about death by electric shock and include a bonus lesson: How to tell if a person is being electrocuted by Direct Current or Alternating Current. (teaser: AC involves convulsions).