Friday, April 17, 2009

Diversey Harbor Reloaded

Theatre Seven's production of Diversey Harbor is open.

A review round-up here.

This production is a remount of our 2007 production (an evening that also included Sexual Perversity in Chicago). The original production was performed in the former Rogue Theatre/Red Hen Theatre on Clark Street, south of Foster. That storefront space is no longer a theater. It's an upscale furniture store. It is gutted and airy and full of furniture I cannot afford.

I'm pleased with the production. For me, hearing the play is more potent than seeing any photos taken from my post-collegiate years. I have so few photos anyway. This is the only play I've written that's semi-autobiographical. Very semi. There are a few little details that were never full stories in my own life. Well, getting mugged was a full story, but now I mostly whip that out when I want to brag about how totally bad ass I was to take a gun to the face and not end up dead.

So, yes, on that note.

I hope you can see it.

photo by Mike Boehmer at The Windy Pixel